Thursday, March 23, 2006

Big Teaching Day / Potential Renters

I taught 4 classes today. Woah... that's a lot of talking.

Went surpisingly easily - 2 in the morning, 2 in the evening. Of course, right now, as I sit on the futon, I'm absolutely drained.

Hmmm... this afternoon, as I rolled up to our apt, a guy ran across the street, asking, "Hey! How much is the rent?"

He was referring to the sign listing the apartment below mine and Hil's. I tried my best to answer his various questions, and looking at him, he seemed a bit quirky. As he ran across Bathurst St, back to a beat-up parked van, it all made sense. He was wearing platforms - 2 inch lifts. Combine that and the shoulder-length hair, and flared-in-the-hip pants...wow - he was either a drag queen or a transexual.

Moments after he left, 2 girls walked by, with garbage bags slung over their shoulders. Once again, they asked me about the apartment for rent.

When they found out it was the middle floor, with the balcony facing Bathurst, they got really excited and proceeded to kiss in front of me. I told them about the balcony out back as well, wondering what sort of reaction that would evoke... but things stopped there.

After they left, I shut the door.

I live in a crazy neighborhood.

j