Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Will the Madness Never End?!?


Jeez-louise - will the madness never end.

Since my last post, things have been, as always, ridiculously busy. Only currently, even more so, my mind is getting frantic, as evidenced, by my excessive use of commas.

Trying to get stuff ready to fly out to Calgary tomorrow evening. Gonna emcee a wedding this weekend. Yikes.

Some highlights of the madness of these past few days:

1. Saw Cronenberg's "A History of Violence". Brilliant. Gory as hell and the sex scenes were emotionally graphic. In retrospect, that's far better than they typical sex scene in holiday: hollow and contrived.

2. Went to the Bruni's for Easter dinner. The Bruni clan rules.

3. I am burning out from working so much. Looked through my organizer. Of the 108 days that have passed in 2006, there have only been 4(!) days where I've not done something yoga related.

That's a lot of yoga teaching and training. It's gotten me razor sharp, but at this pace, if I keep on sharpening, I'm gonna round off the edge.

4. Heard a great quote on CBC from a graphic artist doing a comic book about Mark Twain and Nicola Tesla teaming up to fight crime:

"Thunder is impressive, but it is lighting that does the work" - Mark Twain

Look at the people around you. Do they tend to be thunderous?